Articles on: Getting Started

Will IRCC accept your translation?

When you place an order with notarization, IRCC accepts our translations. You must indicate Canada as your use case, so we also put your source file on your translation. Your translation will be done in the U.S. Translations done outside of Canada have a specific set of requirements.

Per Canada's Requirements

If the translation is being done outside of Canada

Applicants should use the services of a translator who is accredited (officially recognized or authorized) in the country where the translation is being completed.

For all applicants (in or outside of Canada): translations must not be done by
the applicants themselves
members of the applicant’s family
the applicant’s representatives or consultants
Any family member of the applicant who may be a lawyer, notary or translator is also not permitted to translate documents. This includes a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

Should the accuracy of the translation appear suspect, IRCC reserves the right to request a retranslation by a different translator. IRCC is not responsible for any translation fees.

Updated on: 15/11/2022

Was this article helpful?

Share your feedback


Thank you!